- The Dundee International Book prize seeks to reward an original and memorable novel and Judges are looking for a quality manuscript in terms of style and content.
- The Prize favours literary fiction but not to the exclusion of other genres.
- Entrants must keep a copy of their manuscript as manuscripts will not be returned under any circumstances.
- In the unlikely event that no entered manuscript proves suitable for publication the £5,000 prize may be withheld.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- No guarantee can be given that the winning novel will be published. However we have every expectation that publication will follow.
- Entrants will be required to co-operate in publicity activities related to the prize.
- The winning entrant and entrants selected for the final short-list may receive the offer of publication from a publisher, although no guarantee is given. Entrants must be willing to have their script published, subject to reasonable financial arrangements. The guidelines set out by the Society of Authors will be considered in any contract for publication offered.
- The winning entrant will receive their prize money of £5,000 after the awards ceremony in October 2017.